Thursday, July 5, 2007

Playing with Gold


Classic: gold beads with bits of gold. Translucent white clay with gold swirls.


I've been dabling with gold. Bought some sheets of gold last weekend to see how I can incorperate this into the clay. It's pretty pricey but hey...artists go a far way to get ideas formed into "reality"...or at least something like that, grinning. I'm challenging my self to work at least one hour a day at something clay or jewelry making. Although I feel a bit stuck in a rut and pretty tired due to working I think it's paying off in the long run. I'd like to get into the habit of really making something (almost) each day and get a flow going.

On July 21st a friend and I have booked some space at the fleamarket here in town. I am not sure yet what I am going to sell but at least it's official now!




Purple translucent clay with gold swirls. Choclate brown with gold stripes

No comments: